1. OUR COMMITMENT TO YOUR PRIVACY
2. COLLECTING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Four Winds collects personal information from you in a number of different ways depending on the type of dealings that you may have with Four Winds. For example, individuals can purchase tickets or donate by the following methods:
- online at our website www.fourwinds.com.au
- over the phone; or
- in person at our box office counter.
Apart from the collection of personal information through ticket sales, Four Winds will also collect personal information over the phone, in person or by other means of electronic correspondence such as email or fax to undertake our daily artistic and administrative operations. Personal information includes information and opinions that can identify an individual.
3. WHY FOUR WINDS NEEDS TO COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Four Winds will need to collect your personal information for a number of different reasons once again, dependent on the kind of dealings you may have with the Company. For example, Four Winds may need information about you when you join the email list for Four Winds’ newsletter.
4. USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Four Winds treats its obligations with respect to the use and disclosure of personal information very seriously. In general, we will only use or disclose personal information for the primary purpose that it was collected or for a purpose related to the primary purpose that you would reasonably expect it to be used for. For example, we may use your information to contact you about a change in the time of a production. If Four Winds wishes to disclose your information to a third party it will obtain your prior consent to do so. However, there may be certain exceptional circumstances that will warrant not obtaining your consent such as circumstances where:
- Four Winds needs to use or disclose personal information where it believes the use or disclosure is necessary to protect any person and/or any Four Winds rights or property; or
- if the use or disclosure of personal information is authorised or required by law (such as if Four Winds is required to disclose personal information to a court in response to a subpoena).
For situations where Four Winds collects personal information from individuals who are “non customers”, we will only use the personal information for the main business purpose that it was collected. For example, we may have the contact details of an individual (such as a mobile or email address) who is our “point of contact” within an organisation with which we do business.
5. DISCLOSURE AND OTHER ORGANISATIONS OR THIRD PARTY INDIVIDUALS
Four Winds will not sell, rent, trade or otherwise supply to third parties any personal information obtained from you unless you provide your prior consent. However, Four Winds may disclose personal information about you in some circumstances including where contractors and service providers help us operate our business or provide a service such as:
- contractors who assist us to send out our mail (whose contact details can be obtained from the Privacy Officer); or
- circumstances where the individual would reasonably expect personal information to be disclosed (for example, if those third parties are directly involved in the collaboration of a Four Winds Production for which the personal information was collected).
6. ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
To obtain a copy of the information we have about you, please contact to the Four Winds. A copy will usually be in the form of a print out from an electronic database or a photocopy from the relevant physical record we have on file. We will require your personal identification to comply with any such request. There are certain circumstances where an exception to access may apply. These may include situations where providing access would pose a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of an individual, where providing access would have an unreasonable impact upon the privacy of other individuals, where providing access would be unlawful or where it would prejudice an investigation of possible unlawful activity.
There may also be an exception in circumstances where providing access would reveal the intentions of the organisation in relation to negotiations with the individual in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations. However, in general Four Winds will welcome an individual to access their personal information. There will be no charge for the access of personal information. For a full list of exceptions to access of personal information you may like to read APP 12 of the Privacy Act.
7. CORRECTING AND UPDATING YOUR FILE
If an individual wishes to change personal information that is inaccurate or out-of-date, they may contact the Four Winds Privacy Officer (details in clause 13). The different methods by which an individual can change their details are by phone, in person, by mail or by e-mail. Four Winds will adopt a policy of each department reviewing its databases on an annual basis. Any personal information that is no longer used by the Company (based on the annual review) will be destroyed. The assessment of what personal information is destroyed will vary from department to department depending on the needs of that particular department. All information collected from customers who purchase a ticket to Four Winds productions will not be destroyed.
8. USE OF IDENTIFIERS
Four Winds does not adopt as its own an identifier of an individual an identifier that has been assigned by a Commonwealth agency such as a tax file number or Medicare number.
9. YOUR RIGHT TO ANONYMITY
Where it is lawful and practicable to do so, customers may undertake business with Four Winds without providing personal information. For example, you may purchase tickets to a Four Winds performance by cash payment, in person, over the counter, without being asked for personal details.
10. SENDING INFORMATION OVERSEAS
Four Winds will only transfer personal data overseas in circumstances where:
- the organisation reasonably believes that the recipient of the information is subject to legal obligations that are substantially similar to Australian National Privacy Principles; or
- the individual who is the subject of the information has consented; or
- Four Winds has taken reasonable steps to ensure that the information it transfers will not be held, used or disclosed by the recipient inconsistently with the Australian Privacy Principles.
11. SENSITIVE INFORMATION
Four Winds will not collect sensitive information about an individual unless the individual has consented to the collection of the sensitive information.
13. CONTACT DETAILS
For further information about your personal information held by Four Winds, privacy issues and the protection of privacy, please contact the Four Winds Office.