Photos by Ben Marden
I’m relieved to say that the team at Four Winds has come through the past few weeks relatively unscathed, which is not the case for many close to us – and our thoughts are with them.
To everyone who has been on this journey with bushfires I send love and hope you are okay. One thing that has been beautiful to be a part of during these times is the incredible community spirit and care that has shone through. People helping people. I am ever so grateful to be part of this community.
To our dear friends at Cobargo Folk Festival, we are deeply sad that your festival has been postponed. We understand there are plans for an event, and if that’s confirmed we will be there to support you and will encourage everyone to do the same.
We are incredibly fortunate at Four Winds that we have a Festival to look forward to and will celebrate the joy of coming together with friends to enjoy beautiful music like never before.
The Four Winds Festival will take place 8th-12th of April 2020. We have a series of events in Wolumla, Tilba, Bermagui and the Four Winds Soundshell and Windsong Pavilion. There is a lot planned with artists coming from around the world and the country, as well as all the visitors we know will come to enjoy the Festival and our region.
If you would like to come together with friends at Four Winds as a volunteer this year we would be delighted to welcome you to the Volunteer team. It is our 21st Festival and this year and we will celebrate and be more grateful than ever for our beautiful Four Winds site and our community.
If you haven’t yet fully engaged with what’s programmed for the Four Winds 2020 Festival, I would encourage you to have a look at our website. There will be a variety of concerts in and around Bermagui, including a Ceiligh (kay-lee), a traditional Scottish country dance! Our flagship days are Saturday 11th April and Sunday 12th April at the Soundshell and we’d particularly welcome your help as volunteer on those two major days of the Festival.
We’d love to hear from you in the next week or two if you would like to volunteer and whether or not you have a preferred role you’d like to volunteer for. We have loads of interesting roles to choose from:
- Artist Care – may involve driving, catering help, kitchen duties/Green Room monitoring
- Food and Wine – RSA licence required for people working on the Bar – other duties include selling food, tea and coffee on Saturday and Sunday in our big food marquee
- Ticketing and Box Office – front gate Saturday and Sunday, on the door at other events
- Site Ushers (including. Limited Access assistance) – all small events and Saturday and Sunday
- Sales of Merchandise – selling our small range of merch and Artist CDs in the merch stall Saturday and Sunday at the Festival
- Office support – could be in the lead up to the festival and over the weekend
- Parking assistance – directing people to park in correct way, assisting with Disability Access and parking – Saturday and Sunday at the Festival
- Rubbish and recycling – Saturday and Sunday helping people know which bin to put their waste in and changing over the bins when they are full. We are a Waste Wise event this year and will have FOGO bins! Most of the waste will be compostable.
- Site maintenance – in the week before the festival helping prepare the site, erect signage, pick up sticks etc.
If you would like to do a particular role, or even try something new please let me know so I can put your name down for that position. If you are unsure of what you would like to do or would like to chat to me about it, please feel free to call or email me.
I would also love to recruit a few ‘Team Leaders’ for our various volunteer teams. This would require some work with rosters and co-ordinating on the days of the Festival. Don’t be shy, it’s not too onerous and I am here to help. If you would like to chat to me about it please call or email me.
I’m delighted that Jeff is helping me co-ordinate the volunteers this year. If you are keen to volunteer this Easter either myself or Jeff will be in touch. We look forward to hearing from you!
Take care and very best wishes
A big thank you!
We would love to send a big thank to those who have helped in the past and to our current volunteers. The generosity and enthusiasm of our volunteer’s team is a heart-warming reflection of the spirit and strength of our community.