Employment - Arts Administrator
Fixed term contract – three days per week: August 2019 – End April 2020.
Four Winds is seeking a part-time administrator whose role will focus on the logistics of visiting artists travel and accommodation as well as booking and monitoring Four Winds marketing activities. We are a small team so flexibility and a willingness to help where needed is essential.
Attendance at events is also a requirement so there will be some evening and weekend work, particularly when we stage our major Festivals (November and Easter).
The role is based in Barragga Bay at the Four Winds site with working days being Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday.
Key Elements of the Job:
Marketing: Administrative aspects of marketing:
- Point of contact for local media publications
- Booking adverts in all media
- Booking interviews for artists with journalists
- Monitoring marketing schedules and copy deadlines for media (local and national, traditional and online) and prompting colleagues to generate content to meet the deadlines/requirements
- Co-ordinating the creation of printed and on-line collateral: adverts, editorial, program books.
- Co-ordinating the production of Festival program books and liaising with artists/colleagues to collate/generate content.
- Liaison with external designers/print providers and other media related suppliers.
Working Relationship: Works alongside the Audience Development and Volunteer Manager.
- Gathering all biographies and photographs from artists for on-line and printed publications
- Liaison with artists to plan and book optimal travel and accommodation plans for their time at Four Winds: Ensuring all artist travel and accommodation is
- booked within designated budget
- arranged so that the artists can fulfill their artistic commitments comfortably
- approved/directed by the Festival Producer/Executive Director
- Includes hire cars/flights/international travel/hotels/holiday home hire/billets.
- To plan and co-ordinate all artists meal requirements
- To work with volunteers to ensure excellent care of artists whilst they are with Four Winds
- Oversee all artists transfers to and from the Four Winds site
Working Relationship: Works with the Festival Producer and Audience Development and Volunteer Manager
We are a very small team so we all agree to undertake any other duty as reasonably required.
Someone who is incredibly personable. This role is all about relationships. You need to love dealing with people, no matter how demanding they are. They need to love dealing with you too!
A ‘nothing is a problem’, positive attitude. Things change all the time and can go around in circles when dealing with complex logistics, so endless patience and joy in problem solving are a must.
Someone who loves a to-do list, is supremely well organized, accurate, thorough and on the case at all times.
Must be computer literate in all MS Office software and 100% comfortable using the internet. Also able/willing to learn and use database programs, particularly Marcarto and Salesforce.
Must have an incredible eye for detail and always thinking of the wider context to get the best results.
Able to work three days per week plus evenings, weekends and Easter as required.
Proven Track Record
To qualify for this role you must have worked in a busy office environment in an administrative capacity for at least three years and can demonstrate, through examples of your work, that you meet all the person specifications above. Referees will be contacted prior to appointment.
$60,000 pro rata.
Please send in an email entitled Arts Administrator
- a statement explaining the specific experience you would bring to this role and why you’d like to work for Four Winds – on one page of A4
- a resume/CV outlining your work experience to date.
Send these to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Monday 26th August 2019
Four Winds offer unpaid internship positions from time to time. Internships may interest those looking for experience in event management, production and behind-the-scenes running of both the festival and year-round events.
There is also the possibility to undertake an internship with more of a landcare focus at the Four Winds Native Species Arboretum.