Four Winds’ Create and Inspire program is enabling significant creative educators to bring their work to the young people of our region: the audiences, creators and performers of the future.
“Music should be considered more as a core activity than a peripheral one and given higher priority in school curricula,”
In December 2018, joined by our education partners – Musica Viva, Sydney Youth Orchestra, Sydney Opera House, ANAM , our wonderful regional music educators and our schools, we together developed a program and model which, with your support, will deliver the following:
- Regular singing and percussion activities in our schools;
- Performances at Four Winds so that our young people may meet and hear world-class musicians, share their experiences and respond creatively;
- Performance opportunities for local young people at Four Winds, in the Sound Shell and the Windsong Pavilion, so that they may experience the joy of performing for an audience (Such large-scale events are accessible to our city counterparts yet require extensive co-ordination in a regional setting.);
- Artists in Schools in five local schools for two terms each year;
- Two professional development sessions each year, in partnership with Musica Viva, for music leaders and teachers in our region.
These partnerships ensure that young our people grow-up with access to live music, develop a lifelong passion for music and live performance, and experience the joy of making music with others.
We are proud to share this program, so that young people across the country might benefit from our work, and we are in no doubt this program will have a lasting impact on the creativity of future generations.